воскресенье, 6 ноября 2016 г.

7 Financial Habits to Start in Your 20’s

7 Financial Habits to Start in Your 20’s


7 Financial Habits to Start in Your 20’s


If only more millennials could read those kind of articles… A recent survey stated that 30% of former students think they should have studied personal finance in school and 30% consider they should have saved more money. Personal finance is a pivotal topic for millennials…


Hi, really like your budgeting basics series. I’ve been looking for something like that for a long while (I’m definitely past my 20s). Most sites that say how to budget tell you how to fill in s budget, but not how to apply it. Being a disorganised person I am learning to start simply. My place is somewhere that organising items go to ossify and become clutter.


Think starting point for me is to pay bills on time. Please can you let me know options. Maybe mark on calendar and pay bills once a week? Or a sheet that I write bills on as they come in?


Like your expense tracker. Thinking if I start with one category, say utilities, get that to be a habit/system, and work from there. So, I would need a sheet that listed date paid, pay type, payee of all utilities, or would it be better to have utility categories vertically on left, have months across top as most are monthly/quarterly?


Thanks, kay


Kay, I’m so glad you are finding the budgeting series helpful! To help me keep track of due dates, I have a set of printable calendar pages {I’m actually using these ones: http://www.eleganceandenchantment.com/printable-wall-calendar/}, and hole punch them to keep in what I call a Financial Notebook. Then when I get a bill, they go into a file folder that is accessible and labeled “Bills to Pay”, and I also write the date on the notebook calendar. Anytime I enter in receipts into my expense tracker {which is also hole punched and located in my notebook}, I look at the upcoming bills/due dates and pay them 1-2 weeks in advance. That’s the easiest way I’ve found to do it rather than try to keep track of both on the expense tracker.


I hope that helps!


Yes, that definitely helps. So, a folder to keep everything together is step one. Off to search other room that contains random items.


What you do as a 20-something will inevitability impact the decades to come, and that’s never been more true when finances come into the picture. Don’t miss the 7 habits I’m sharing on Living Well Spending Less that are essential to learn before it’s too late!


Here’s an excerpt:


As much as we learn certain habits as children and into the teen years, I believe there’s no decade as definitive as your 20’s. Every experience is new, the high school drama is left behind {I hope!}, and you start blossoming into the person you were meant to be. But it can also make or break your financial success.


What you do as a 20-something, will inevitability impact the decades to come, and that’s never been more true when finances come into the picture. Years of frivolous spending can take their toll, and before we know it, we’re 50 years old and don’t have any more than a few dollars saved for retirement.


That’s why it’s SO important to learn these 7 habits now — so they can replace bad habits before it’s too late. However, even if you’ve passed over the 30 mark and beyond, there’s still hope! Follow these same principles and you can quickly turn your path into one of success too


Original article and pictures take http://creativesavingsblog.com/money-saving-tips/financial-habits-to-start-in-your-20s/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий